Friday, April 15, 2011

My new dr thinks I'm crazy

My doctor appointment was on Wednesday...and my new doctor must think i'm a hypochondriac. Well, I can't blame him really. He doesn't know me, or the struggles I've been through in the last year and a half. He said he can't start me on the anti-depressants, etc bc he's not a therapist. He can't send me to a rheumatologist bc he has no proof that I'm sick. He drew blood work and I see him again in a month. I really just want to yell and scream at him that waiting another month s not the answer, but he's the one with a medical degree.and he is very smart...he just needs a better bedside manner. He explained what he was doing and why he was doing it. He started me on Tramadol every 8 hours with two extra strength Tylenol to help with the chronic pain. It hasn't helped thus far, but I have to remain hopeful.

2 comments:

  1. Well, waiting one month for the blood test, that's long !! You should not hesiatte to contact him before, ask him if he has the results.
    Doesn't he know that you "don't look sick" with autoimmune disease ? Ask again to see a rheumatologist.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They said they will call when the blood results are in. I'm just very tired of waiting...and I know it can't be done any other way right now. I just want answers NOW and I want to feel better.

    ReplyDelete