Friday, March 25, 2011

Frustrated and Annoyed

Being at the end of your rope doesn't mean you have to hang...
So what do you do when you find yourself there?
It feels like I'm on the verge of snapping at any random person on a constant basis recently. It takes a lot for me to keep my attitude in check. I try so hard to return to being my carefree, patient, sweet and healthy self, but it's not so easy with everything that is going on in my life. It's not like I'm no longer sweet... That's not the issue. I just get irritated so easily at the silliest things lately.
Whenever I apologize to Sonny for being whiney or complaining too much, he always reminds me of the fact that I'm actually not as whiney as most people would be in my situation. He tells me all the time that I'm handling everything with admirable (I think that's the word he used) strength. I love how encouraging and supportive he has been throughout my illness; since I started getting sick at the same time he and I started hanging out.
I try to remind myself every day of how far I've come, and how much I've overcome on this rough path of 31 years. I've seen and endured some very bad and painful things in my life thus far, and it's not even close to being over.
But I've figured out what happens when the rubber band finally gets stretched too far and "SNAPS". You just tie the ends into a knot and let life repeat the cycle of stretching it. Sure, it won't stretch as far before snapping next time...but it does give you hope that things come full circle and all will eventually work out.

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, I've so been there! Mr H (my husband) so much as looks at me funny and I'm off to the "nag hag races," as I call them! I think it's something we all struggle with, especially on those really bad pain or fatigue or NOT-another-infection-BAH days! I hope you snap just enough to feel you've had a good vent, and then find some stretchy strength and support as you tie that band back up! All the best to you, a good day, and a better tomorrow, Amanda!
    Cheers,
    Headstrong

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm blessed in a way I guess because my "grouchy" is better than most people's idea of a decent mood. It's just horrible to feel like I'm going to snap at someone over nothing at all. I just end up crying it out after a few weeks of feeling edgy. I don't ever want to lash out at someone. My lupus isn't their fault, not mine either...but I just hate feeling this defeated on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have th right ot be in a bad mood, remerber, it happened even before you were ill !
    In this case I tell people: 'it's not a good day", and they know I'm frustrated, angry or whatever. And they know this day I want to stay on my side.
    I pefer to be honest, than to try to look "normal" then snap to someone who has done nothing to deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the "pick me up". I needed that! I do deserve a bad day to be acknowledged occasionally

    ReplyDelete