Sunday, February 19, 2012

This little light of mine

Oh, that light at the end of the tunnel that everyone keeps talking about....
I feel like the light is at a new bend in the tunnel to lead me in yet another direction with all my illnesses. It's always one thing after another, and another, and another. My diseases are progressing, rather than being slowed down by the medications. It's all happening at such an alarming rate. There are so many more things I have to give up doing just to have the energy to be awake. Otherwise, I'd just be a schlub who was always in bed. There are times that I will stay in bed for 1-2 days at a time while I'm sick and cannot do much else but sleep to help my body get over whatever it's going through.
I'm hoping that everything does slow down soon. After going downhill at this fast a rate, I just feel like I'm going to slam into a brick wall when I get to the bottom. It's been over 2 years since I started getting sick, and I just feel like I have to give up something new every single day. I haven't been able to crochet in about 8 months, and that is one of my favorite hobbies; but my hands don't want to work for me. Typing is incredibly difficult, but it's my means of communication with all the online friends I have, and then texting to my family and friends also.
I just hope that that little light I see in the tunnel now; is the end of the tunnel, and I can get out of all this darkness, pain, loneliness, disappointment; and start living again...to feel better, to slowly get things back one at a time. To be able to do the laundry again, and to cook dinner for my wonderful fiancee. I told him I didn't want to get married until I felt better, because I want to enjoy my wedding day, and not be riddled with pain from it.
So, this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment