Thursday, August 18, 2016

#NursesROCK

Had my EEG at the hospital this morning and had the absolute most wonderful nurse/technician! 
Since I can't drive, I've been out of my migraine onset pills. So I've been smoking as little as possible (it's so hard to find any lately, and my previous herbalist died) and my nurse, Laura and I chatted about my health issues, and I made her laugh a lot. She knew I was headed into a migraine as I arrived, and was empathetic to it since she is a fellow migraine sufferer. She made me laugh a good bit, as she was hooking up all those leads to my scalp and ears. She commented that with all my hair, it's amazing that the scalp leads went on fine, but she was having issues with the ones staying on my ears. I dared her to shave the peach fuzz on my lobes, since it wouldn't grow back horribly thick, and not many people can say they've had their ear lobe shaved. She lost it. 
She said, "You see the optimism in everything, don't you?," and I replied, "There is always a silver lining, if you're willing to look for it." She talked about how it must be tough to go through so much and still be such a delight to be around. I told her that there are days I cannot be around anyone because it would be harmful to their health lol. 
Near the end, I said, "You're my hero today, Laura!," and she replied, "You're my favorite patient EVER, Amanda!" 
I asked her for a hug after the horrible test was over, and she had walked me to my awaiting hubby; to which she happily obliged. 
‪#‎NursesROCK‬

No comments:

Post a Comment