Friday, May 20, 2011

Stupid New Medications

New medications and feeling better are not synonymous unfortunately.

So, I started Cymbalta for its analgesic properties, and to hopefully alleviate some symptoms of my depression. I also started Savella for the Fibromyalgia. I'm on the loading dosages right now, and it's just not making me feel any better. My muscle relaxant needs approval, so I'm screwed there. And, my Lunesta prescription is not covered without my doctor trying other meds first. I did acquire a 'tens' machine though, and am finding it harder to use unless Sonny is here to hook me up to it.

So, the dry heaving is worse than ever, and I'm not getting any better with sleeping regularly. My pain has not let up, and has somehow gotten worse with the fierce rainy weather we've had lately. Plus, the two trips to the ER I had last week were just way too much for my poor body to handle. All that chest pain was just really scary. Worst thing is, they aren't sure what's causing it. My heart and lungs are fine thank God.

But, I'm seeing Sonny less and less these days since he's busier and busier. He has a life outside of this house, and I just wish I did as well. I'd love to go see my friends and visit with them...or to go out with the girls for a night of fun and chatter. I just feel like I'm slipping further into the shadows with each passing day. I'm not me anymore, and I can't figure out what I can do to hold onto any aspect of who I used to be. It's so hard to describe and explain to my friends that aren't Spoonies like me. I don't think they'd ever understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment