Saturday, January 29, 2011

Really?

Yesterday was a day full of horrible adventures.
10:00am Sonny's mom slipped on some water on the basement floor and landed on her right side, injuring her shoulder and ankle pretty bad. We were at the ER with her from 11am-2pm. Thank God nothing was broken or fractured!! She's bruised up and she sprained her shoulder and ankle. She'll be wearing a wrap and air cast on her ankle, and will be sporting a sling for her shoulder. She's very lucky that she didn't hit her head on the concrete floor.
So, with having yesterday start off low on spoons, I ventured through the ER fiasco and did 3 loads of laundry and tried to tidy up a bit. Went to bed at 10pm since Sonny had to work late.
And, today - well, today started at 2am when Sonny got home from work. I love that he kisses me when he gets home from work! I also love that he hung up a load of laundry for me and put the last load into the dryer for me since I fell asleep while it was running. But, alas sleep eluded me after he got home and I'm not sure why. I'm so dog-ass tired and just need some rest. I laid in bed until 7am hoping and praying to fall back asleep. At least my body got an extra 5 hours of rest (which isn't really resting when you're rolling, tossing and rocking the pain away).
So, I've made myself a pot of coffee and am praying for a miracle to happen. Luckily Sonny's mom is ok this morning and doesn't need any help with anything yet. She didn't sleep well either, but she did get rested so that's good.

Lately, I've been trying to put into words what I'm going through physically, and although I still can't quite explain it I've managed to write some of the feelings down as best I could:

Scattered thoughts and shattered dreams
Throughout my body the pain just screams
Raking razors along the bends
Sticking knives in with no end
Burning aches that last for days
Walking around in such a haze
Griping pain stealing breaths away

11:38am update:
Well, I've mostly finished all the laundry (I have one load left to hang/fold). I made breakfast, did all the dishes, made the bed, got dressed and I'm totally running on empty again. I may have to vegetate for a few hours in the recliner watching tv and praying to catch a nap.
I've got a really cool idea brewing for some necklaces. I'll have to wait and see if it will pan out before I spoil the surprise though. I'm enjoying the idea of small hobbies that I can handle and that people can help with if they are able. I'm blessed with some pretty outstanding friends! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Necklaces???? I would give you a few of my spoons if I could hun...hang in there! I love ya! (And, added you to my blogroll) You've inspired me to blog again! lol Love your guts

    ReplyDelete