Saturday, March 12, 2011

What a Friday

So, yes as expected I received the Disapproved Claim letter from the Disability Board on March 3rd. I spoke with a very nice lady (Eva) at Joan Birmingham's office today. Joan's a disability attorney who used to be a nurse. I was very pleased with the nice experience I had with them over the phone. And Eva was very professional and courteous. Way better experience than I have been having with phone calls lately. She's mailing me paperwork to sign and return to their office. Apparently, that's all I have to do! How easy is that? It's a relief in this lupie mixed up life of mine lately. I won't have to worry about filing out the health information online for the appeals request. And, I just have to send them any new medical information that comes up once I get my insurance and start going to appointments. I'm pleased so far, let's see if it continues to go well for me.

On another front, I left a message today for the Collections Manager at the Credit Union. I'm not sure if I have talked about this issue before. I received a letter today from court pushing my court date back from April 15th to May 9th. The credit union that held my auto loan is taking me to court over the balance left on my accounts after the repossession and auction of my Ford Escape. I was fired from my job June 8th of last year due to excessive absences. I haven't had a single job since then. My auto loan had the disability clause on it, but the representative that I often spoke with refused to send me the information for it in July or August, claiming that the disability clause would not work since my loan payment was now past due. My sister contacted CUNA (Credit Union National Assoc - I think that's what it is anyway) and they informed her that any mention on my part of a disability should have immediately prompted them to mail the information to me to get it all settled out...and that they could past date any disability claim to bring my loan up to date.

Lupus, quit taking away my sanity. I'm in financial, emotional, physical and mental ruins here. Just leave me alone and let me get back to a decent life (That's right, I did NOT say normal). I just want to live without the constant anxiety over all the collection calls, impending doom and world of the unknown in this horrible disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment