Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Leaning towards progress

I want progress in my life. I want to set some goals, make the plans to get me to them, and then to make them happen. I don't want to be stuck in the same abyss forever. This disease has held me back from progress for over a year...and I'm sick of it. I'm sick of watching life pass me by as I'm laying on the sidelines.
So, my goal today? Start making a list of things to accomplish and piecing together the plan to make them happen. It will be an on-going process, but at least I'm finally starting it. I can go at my own slow pace and never have to worry about anyone questioning me on it; because after all this is MY life and God is the only one I'll have to answer to in the end anyway.
I want to feel free from the burdens of being sick, tired and in chronic pain. I want to be relieved of the stress and worry that have entered my life because of my health problems. I just want to figure out who I am, and love myself no matter what. I haven't loved myself for a while now. How can I possibly love a broken down shell of the former me? It's not easy. I don't even like me anymore; so to heck with being able to love myself.
But, once I figure out who the New Me is, I'll be sure to introduce her to all of you (well, the couple of you that read this).

No comments:

Post a Comment